Home > Services > Risk
Nair & Co.’s International Risk Assessment service evaluates a company’s business
risk profile. This report helps business executives and owners better assess the
financial, legal, compliance and human resources risks within their business and
arm them with valuable information for remedial action.
- The Nair & Co. International Risk Assessment offering looks at core company documents
and information, which governs a multinational company’s overseas business operations
and then assesses the current level of risk and what immediate steps can be taken
to mitigate them. Risks might include the creation of a permanent establishment
in a country or the failure to register for data protection in certain countries.
- Additionally, Nair & Co.’s international specialists look at the company's activities,
processes and intercompany documentation to see how the company can minimize future
risks and liabilities. The two-pronged evaluation is done on a fixed-fee basis,
which allows clients to know exactly the costs involved and what good business sense
steps they can take next.
- Existing international operations use the Nair & Co. International Risk Assessment
service to allay concerns about their levels of compliance overseas.
Nair & Co. is often engaged by companies who are struggling with non-compliance
issues and significant penalties caused by using disparate service providers for
multiple countries and the many complications that come with rapid growth. Nair
& Co. is experienced in picking up these situations, centralizing the support services,
understanding and unraveling the issues and then working with the in-country authorities
to resolve and restore compliance, often working to very tight deadlines and under
pressure. Here are some examples of the disaster scenarios in which Nair & Co. assisted
- Penalties and interest on taxes owed on stock options in Belgium reduced from millions
to a few hundred thousand.
- Pickup of a German subsidiary (GmbH) after fraud by internal accountant where the
client needed immediate support for the German company and its various European
Union (EU) branch offices.
- Pickup in one month and subsequent clean up, of a 50 employee multi-country operation
where General and Administrative (G&A) support disintegrated following key finance
employee resignations. The last set of records was presented to us loose in the
trunk of the former Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) finance director’s car.
- Pickup of a 70-person privately owned Wholly-Owned Foreign Entity (WOFE) in China
following its acquisition by client & implementing procedures and controls.
- Resolving critical employee (Canada/China/Hong Kong) taxation and immigration issues
for a company, which hired in its China operations, an expat employee, paid illegally
by the previous employer.
- Untangling a Japan K-K setup scenario where Nair & Co. inherited a rejected K-K
application, a non- responsive Japanese attorney and share capital, which appeared
to be "lost."